Ok girls, don’t panic!
Somehow you scored a dinner date with a super sexy vegan celebrity, Ryan Gosling for example. Droooooool.
Not sure what to make for dinner? Here are a few things you should know about us vegans.
1) We love to cook. Part of joining the vegan club is that you also get a lifetime membership to Foodies, inc., Gourmet Group, and Veggie-slingers International. Yeah, those are definitely made up groups, but you get the point. Since nearly all of our childhood favorite foods are NOT vegan, we are forced back into the kitchen to experiment with new ways to spice it up. So if you are scared, please just ask for help! Did I mention that we love feeling needed? (Who doesn’t?)
2) We LOVE salad. Unlike omnivores who eat tiny salads as an appetizer…we eat HUGE salads because we LOVE them. Nothing is better than a huge bowl of fresh, organic vegetables. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box either! Salads don’t have to be boring iceberg lettuce and grainy tomatoes. Think: marinated and roasted portobellos, asparagus, capers, olives, cashews, ANYTHING as long as it didn’t have a face….or come from something with a face. Oh! Dressing isn’t necessary either. I am not referring to the salad.
3) We are cheap dates. If you aren’t confident in your ability to throw together a huge bowl of veggies (seriously?!?) then take us out for dinner! We will almost always order something cheaper than what you order. “Yes, I would like a side of green beans, a side of potatoes, and a side of corn please. NO CHEESE NO BUTTER! Yes that’s all. “
4) We are cheap drunks. Since it is likely that the restauarant you took us to has only fried potatoes for us to eat, we will probably get much more drunkable much more fasterest! WEEEEE!!! Sorry for getting so giggly and flirty after a few sips of my whisky. And by sorry, I mean I’m sorry that I’m not sorry.
5) We are passionate people. As the saying goes, you can’t have compassion without passion. Lucky for you, the date went very well, but have no fear… you don’t need to worry about your (potentially lousy) performance in the bedroom! We understand that our plant-based diet has us all jacked-up on natural energy, leaving our engines roaring long after you’re out cold. We don’t judge.
6) We want dessert. Just because we don’t eat eggs, milk, or butter, doesn’t mean that we don’t want to have our cake and eat it too. Try to make some delicious raw chocolate body paint…or see the example below.
Raw vegan chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookies
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup (melted) coconut oil
1/2 cup soy milk (vanilla flavored would be nice!)
1 cup of fresh peanut butter or other nut butter
2 cups steel cut oat groats
1 cup quinoa flakes (or replace with 1 more cup of oat groats)
Use a food processor to puree the dates with the soy milk Empty to a mixing bowl. Use a spatula to gently combine the rest of the ingredients and place by the spoonful onto wax paper. Let sit for a few minutes until cool and hardened.